The Mysterious Lever: Making Time

Monday, April 11, 2016

Making Time

There's a constant phrase in this community of ours, that you have to make time for it. Our lives are so busy (adulthood... blah) that in order to do the things we love, we literally have to push other things aside, in order to make room for the one thing we'd really just like to do all the time.

This post isn't going to be out design exactly, so sorry. But it is my first entry in a hopefully week long journey this week.  I have "made time", and taken off work for a whole week to do nothing but sit at home and work on the things I actually love to work on: games.

I have one main goal, and it's unfortunately a slightly over-scoped one... but that is to get "Hostargo" back into a playable state.  I've ripped it apart after last year's playtests, and I've been slow in putting it back together.  To make things more complicated, I have a "side quest" to create a prototype for a new card game idea I had last week.  Whoops >.<

This blog has helped me keep focused, since I've had a lot of thoughts and questions to write down, and the few readers I've picked up along the way have certainly given me insights and ideas that I would have not had otherwise, so here's a shout out to you good folks!  Without the discussions that have taken place here and on G+, I doubt I would have settled on some of the mechanics I did.

I hope you'll stick with me this week, but I won't be posting too much up into the G+ communities, so it'll be more of a person journal.  I can't promise any truly thought-provoking material, but I'll try :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome man! Good luck/productivity this week. I'm looking forward to your week of journal entries, should be full of interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete