The Mysterious Lever: Pre-generated Characters

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pre-generated Characters

Day 1 of my pre-con prep (yesterday) went poorly, as both my fiance and I were not feeling well. Physical health is a thing.

We did manage a bit of mini-painting as well as updating the Hostargo character sheet. Yay progress!

Day 2 of my pre-con prep (today) went great! I have finished using both the character creation system and item creation system to pump out 6 full characters. 

However, I want the players to have some choice in their character creation, and so I've split things between the two most important decisions: the character's calling and their class.  These are basically the character's special ability and marital training respectively. I want to see what kind of funky combinations there will be, and I think a simple choice like this will help make the characters a bit personalized without taking up too much time (e.g. with item creation...).

I do see right off the bat that certain combinations simply won't be fun (e.g. low stats for certain specialized abilities), but hopefully there aren't too many. I don't think of this as a real problem, since the choices I've made are hard-coded into these two halves, where in the real game the players would have full control over their customization.

Next up is more mini painting (not necessary, but fun) and then working on the adventure I'm going to run (basically tomorrow's project). Finally, Friday the plan is to organize my materials, make sure everything's golden, and then play test! Wish me luck!

Oh - and thank you to everyone that has signed up for Grandcon. It's very inspiring, and much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment